Announcement: The 2013 Heart and Soul Grant Application is now closed.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the CTK Foundation?
- What is the 2013 Heart & Soul Grant Award Program?
- Are there other grants available through this award program?
- How does my 501 c 3 apply?
- Who can apply?
- Can my organization submit more than one poem?
- Can our poem be written by one of our volunteers?
- My poem is longer than the 4-8 line format. Will it be disqualified?
- How are the grants awarded?
- When and how will I find out if I was selected?
- I have a question that is not answered here. Can you help?
What is the CTK Foundation?
The CTK Foundation was established by Community TechKnowledge, Inc., an Austin-based technology company that provides software and services to over 10,000 nonprofits in the US and UK. The CTK Foundation Fund is committed to the recognition and celebration of the work of nonprofits and seeks to promote the use of technology in managing the accomplishment of their mission.
What is the 2013 Heart & Soul Grant Award Program?
Heart and Soul (H&S) is a national grant competition that provides the opportunity for one selected, eligible nonprofit organization to win a $10,000 cash award and a professionally written and recorded song by the internationally acclaimed, Grammy Award-winning group, The Original Blind Boys of Alabama – all through The CTK Foundation Fund. The intent is that both the song and the accompanying $10,000 grant will help the selected nonprofit to better publicize their important mission in their community.
Applications will be accepted from December 3rd 12:00 noon CST to January 14th, 2013– 12:00 noon CST. Winners will be notified no later than February 7th and celebrated at the Heart and Soul Grant Award Gala the same day, in Austin, Texas.
Are there other grants available through this award program?
Additional 2013 H&S Grant Awards are selected under the same criteria as described below and include:
- $10,000 HHS Grant Available to an Austin, TX-area nonprofit specializing in the provision of At Risk Children and Families as a gift from the Cipione Family Foundation of Austin, TX
- Two $5,000 Grant Awards to a US Nonprofits
- Five $1,000 Grant Awards to Community TechKnowledge, Inc. customer organizations, attending the 2013 Outcomes Immersion Training, in recognition of excellence in technology innovation
- $20,000 in matching cash Grants to nonprofits for technology purchases
- Three autographed guitars: one by The Original Blind Boys of Alabama, one by Los Lonely Boys, and one by Sunny Shipley
How does my 501 c 3 apply?
US nonprofits are invited to submit a 4-8 line poem expressing the heart of their service mission through an easy grant application via the CTK website, www.communitytech.net.
The Grant Application opens at 8am CST on 12/3/12 and closes at 12pm Noon CST on 1/14/13
Who can apply?
Any registered 501 c 3 in the United States
Can my organization submit more than one poem?
Only one poem/application per organization is permitted. If you have several people in your group who are inspired to write a poem, we suggest you hold a competition and choose the winner among your top entries.
Can our poem be written by one of our volunteers?
Yes, poems written by your volunteers are welcome.
My poem is longer than the 4-8 line format. Will it be disqualified?
The 4–8 line format is merely a guideline. Your poem can be longer or shorter, in any style you wish, rhyming or not. Please note, however, that very lengthy poems are less likely to be chosen as winners, due simply to space constraints on our website and printed materials.
How are the grants awarded?
Artists from around the US work together to select the grant recipients. Judges award grants on subjective criteria and all decisions are final.
When and how will I find out if I was selected?
The CTK Foundation sponsors a Heart & Soul Grant Gala & Awards Ceremony, when grants are announced.
NOTE: In order to be selected for the Austin-Area Cipione Family Foundation Grant, the selected nonprofit must be present to win.
On February 7th, 6:30-9:30 PM, CTK Foundation will be hosting a grant gala and awards ceremony. The event will be held at the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum and will include a light dinner, cash bar and musical artists The Original Blind Boys of Alabama. A local Austin personality will emcee the event, and key members of the $10,000 HHS grant will be invited to join the celebration in Austin, TX where the song will be premiered by the recording artists.
I have a question that is not answered here. Can you help?
Of course! Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com and we will respond to you promptly.